This is the second month that in a new planning strategy that I implemented from The 12 Week Year. I am now thinking of each quarter as a year. So the goals that I would have set for 12 months will now (hopefully) get accomplished in 3 months. The first month was good and bad. Bad because I didn’t get as much accomplished as I wanted. I didn’t track my days and weeks as properly as I wanted which showed in my productivity. It was good because a lot of things came to light. I was working but not really working.
In the book the author did warn us that the first month and our first try was going to be the hardest. Our brain is still adjusting because it has done the same thing for so long. It doesn’t like change and takes time to build new habits. I know this so I am not trying to be too hard on myself, but I would like to see more change.
Cultivate What Matters (Powersheets/Lara Casey) launched the New 90 Day Planner. I purchased 2 to finish out the year. This month I am really focusing on blending my personal and professional goals. For so long I tried to keep them separate which created more anxiety than peace.
I am focusing my goals on my blog, workouts, and Zyia. Then personally focusing on routine that works for me. This means doing the routine that I created to see if it works for me right now.
My Big monthly Goals Are:
- Work Through Big Goals: I am struggling with my big goals/passion. I am ready a book about being a Highly Sensitive Person and finding my passion is really important to me. When HSP’s don’t know their passion it causes a lot of unrest.
- Write 14 Posts This Month. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Host 2 Zyia Parties: If you would love to host a styling event let me know. We can make them any length of time. (Most are 7 days.)
- Track My Week: Each Sunday I create how I want my week to go aka ideal schedule. Then I have a weekly tracker from Cultivate What Matters on my actual week. I am working on moving towards my ideal day. My OVERALL goal is to stick to it 50% then increase each week by 10%. I know it’s going to be challenge, but the goal is to move towards my ideal week on a consistent basis.
My Weekly Action Plan:
- Weekly Social Media Posts: I spend WAY too much time scrolling on social media. I need to schedule things out in advance and plan my social media time.
- Freelance: I want to write more about a variety of topics. I have done a lot of research in finding places to write. The only stopping me is imposter syndrome.
- Financial Knowledge: I have been using Mint app to categorize our finances. Each Friday I go through weekly transactions and put them in their budgets.
- Spa Night: 2x/week on Wednesday and Sunday.
My Daily Habits:
- Workout & Drink 40oz of Water: I have my workout plan taped on my workout wall. Drinking water has been a challenge, but I have been drinking less soda.
- Daily Devotional & Reading: I have been wanting to build a stronger foundation in my faith. I got a book a while back and haven’t been consistent with it at all. My reading goal is 10 pages of personal, professional, and educational. Personal has been non fiction book, but I have read a lot lately. Professional is anything personal development or helping me work through some things. Educational is anything personal training related. I have a lot of training things that I need to read. Currently reading about plant based diets.
- Moonshot, Success in 60 and 1,2,3 Magic: I am finally finding time and making it a priority. My one anniversary is next month I have come to love Zyia more and more that I am commit myself to it.
- Morning & Evening Routine: I created my checklist for routines, but I have failed to actually implement them. I have been pretty good on my evening routine, but as as good with my morning. I switched my work schedule so I am hoping to get into a better morning routine.
July was a tough month for doing my goals because I was more worried about working overtime to pay for my birthday weekend in Chicago. Then I got the vid at the end of July, so that week was tough to do anything because all I wanted to do was sleep. If you follow me on social you know that I am also having trouble with eating so my energy level has been down with that as well.
In July I had the same goals, but focusing more on personal life. I was focused on finances and working out. The beginning of the month was better than the latter. The thing that I excelled in July was organizing mint, reading my 10 pages and writing. I got a lot of organizing done that I have been putting off.
I am trying to not be hard on myself that I haven’t been nailing things or being at least more than 50% consistent. I keep telling myself that this first 12 weeks is going to be hard. Plus I have been struggling with my throat issue, but I am forcing myself to work through it. I can’t keep letting it affect my life in the negative.